• RENOVATIONS, AC OR POOL: Let us know when you complete a renovation, purchase new appliances, furnishings, or update any amenities.
• SERVICE PROVIDERS: Let us know when you change your cleaner, caretaker, or trash service.
• PHOTOS: If you have new photos of your home, please send them to us.
• IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS: Be sure that our office has a current contract, W9, and lead paint form (if your home was built prior to 1978).
RATES: Setting your rates is an important key to maximizing your rental income. If you need advice or think you should adjust your rates, please contact us and one of our experienced agents can guide you in the right direction.
TURN-OVER CLEANS: The cost of turnover cleans should be included in your rental rate. As a general rule of thumb, allot one hour of cleaning per bedroom, plus one additional hour (i.e. a 4 bedroom house should = 5 hours of cleaning). Any excessive cleaning about that number will be deducted from the security deposit.
OFF SEASON LONG WEEKENDS & HOLIDAYS: If you want to rent for long weekend or holidays in the off season, let us know your nightly rate and minimum stay requirement (for example 3 night minimum stay). The shoulder seasons have become very popular on Nantucket and this is another opportunity to increase rental revenue.
WIRELESS WIFI: Wireless, high-speed internet service is now a required amenity for all of our tenants. Please be sure your wifi is set up and working and that you have posted your network name and password on the refrigerator.
AIR CONDITIONING: Air Conditioning has become another “MUST-HAVE” on tenants' lists when selecting a property. Even if you think you your property doesn't need A/C, we are recommending that all of owners at least install window units in the bedrooms.
EXTRAS! The number of rental properties on Nantucket has greatly increased over the past few years. Any “extras” that you offer will make your home more desirable. This past season, tenants most often requested and selected properties offered the following amenities:
• Wireless Internet service
• Air conditioning (at least window units in the bedrooms)
• Flat screen TVs with premium cable service
• New sheets, pillows, towels and mattresses
• iPod docking stations
• New/clean gas grills with a full back-up tank
• Nice beach chairs and towels for at least the number of people your house sleeps
• High quality outdoor patio furniture with an umbrella if your table accommodates one
• Accept pets
STOCK UP: Keep your house stocked with plenty of paper towels, toilet paper, clean trash bags, cleaning and laundry supplies. This includes a fresh, unopened kitchen sponge near the sink, unopened bar soap in all baths/showers, and full dispensers of liquid hand soap at each sink. You should advise your cleaner or caretaker to re-stock these items at every turn-over.
OUTDOOR LIVING MATTERS! Include your outdoor living space in your turn-over cleanings. Make arrangements with your cleaner/caretaker to clean/rearrange the patio furniture, clean the grill and make sure there are 2 full gas tanks on hand, clean the outdoor shower, coil up any hoses, and sweep the patio and/or deck. Tenants often spend more time using the outdoor living space so they are looking for homes with more attractive outdoor amenities.