This year marks the 18th year that hundreds of brave souls plunge into Nantucket Harbor on Thanksgiving morning to benefit the Weezie Library for Children.
When: Thursday, Nov. 28, 2019, 10 AM Thanksgiving Morning
Where: Children's Beach
Its simple, register, show up and jump in the Atlantic Ocean. Individual Plungers and teams are encouraged to have their family, coworkers, and friends sponsor their participation in the Turkey Plunge by donating to the event!
Tips and Highlights
- Although not required, many plungers wear costumes. It is a well-known fact that it is easier to plunge into the frigid waters dressed as a superhero or mermaid.
- You can register as a team or an individual.
- Don't want to plunge? Spectators are welcome for this festive event.
- For those who register online, in advance of the event, the cost is $30. For those last-minute Plungers who decide on Thanksgiving morning to swim, the registration fee will be $30 for children (12 and under) and $50 for adults and can be made upon arrival to Children's Beach. One towel holder per family/team will be permitted into the swim area.
- On Thanksgiving morning, please arrive at the beach at least 30 minutes (9:30 AM) early to complete registration and receive your wristband and Plunge tee-shirt (while supplies last).
- Skip the line day of and attend advanced registration on November 27th between 10 - 2 p.m. at the Atheneum. Early Bird gets the worm -- or t-shirt in this case! T-shirts will be handed out to all early registrants the day before the plunge and while supplies last day of!
- The Cold Turkey Plunge takes place rain or shine. All funds raised for this event are nonrefundable.
- Complimentary hot chocolate, coffee, and pastries are generously provided by local businesses.
All proceeds benefit the Nantucket Atheneum Weezie Library for Children, the island’s public library, which relies on the support of donors for 75% of their operating budget. Funds raised from the Cold Turkey Plunge make it possible to host over 500 free programs and services for Weezie patrons each year.
For more information including important safety tips, registrations click here