Fortunately, due to the effectiveness of earlier phases, as of June 8th, the state has moved into Phase 2 "Cautious" of the states 4 part Reopening plan. The phases of the plan named "Start" "Cautious," "Vigilant" and "The New Normal,” respectively last a minimum of three weeks, however, If public health data trends are negative, specific industries, regions, and/or the entire Commonwealth may need to return to an earlier phase.
Phase 2 "Cautious" has been divided into two parts. As of Monday, June 8, the following can reopen under certain restrictions:
(This list is not all-inclusive, please see Reopening Massachusetts for an extensive list.)
- Leisure accommodations are allowed to reopen, which includes leisure short-term home rentals.
All operators of short-term rentals must comply with the hygiene standards and cleaning requirements for the Massachusetts Safety Standards and Checklists: Operators of Lodging guidelines.
Maury People Sotheby's International Realty has signed the Safe Summer 2020 Initiative pledging to be consistent with Safe Summer 2020 standards which exceed the state's standards.
- Historical spaces may reopen outdoor facilities. No guided tours allowed nor can they host functions or gatherings.
- Outdoor recreation including fishing charters, pools, playgrounds and driving ranges
- Personal services, such as home cleaning, window washing with social distancing mandated
- Restaurants, offering only outdoor dining (No more than six people can sit at a table.) Restaurants can continue to offer take-out or delivery service.
- Retail: In-store shopping with occupancy limits
Included in the second part of Phase 2 the following will reopen at an unspecified date as long as the trend of COVID cases continues to decline.
- Indoor table service at restaurants
Looking forward to Phase 3 "Vigilant" in three weeks time if public health trends allow.
In this phase Governor Baker has stated the state "can allow for loosening of some of the restrictions from some of the earlier phases if in fact, the public health data continues to conform to the terms that were all pursuing as we look at that going forward."
For more detailed information regarding the Reopening of Massachusetts please visit Reopening Massachusetts or view the plan below.