Phase 3 of Reopening Massachusetts
Phase 3 of Gov. Charlie Baker’s statewide reopening plan began on July, 6th. This is part one of this phase, with a second part to be announced at a later date.
The following businesses are eligible to reopen in Step One of Phase 3, subject to industry-specific rules concerning capacity and operations:
- Movie theaters and outdoor performance venues;
- Museums, cultural and historical sites;
- Fitness centers and health clubs;
- Certain indoor recreational activities with low potential for contact;
Revised Gatherings Order:
- Under the updated gatherings order, indoor gatherings are limited to eight people per 1,000 square feet, but should not exceed 25 people in a single enclosed, indoor space.
- Outdoor gatherings in enclosed spaces are limited to 25 percent of the facility’s maximum permitted occupancy, with a maximum of 100 people in a single enclosed outdoor space. This includes community events, civic events, sporting events, concerts, conventions and more. This order does not apply to outdoor, unenclosed gatherings if proper social distancing measures are possible.
Mandatory mask order for Downtown Nantucket and Sconset
The order requires people to wear a face-covering within the downtown Nantucket and Sconset Historic Districts, regardless of social distancing.
Also under the order, all businesses downtown and in Sconset must display signs instructing people to wear masks inside. Businesses can refuse service to anyone not wearing a mask.